A research project looking at the benefits and challenges of growing food in Kuching, Malaysia.
A collaborative project between UNIMAS (Kuching, Malaysia), Université Laval (Quebec, Canada) and McGill University (Montreal, Canada).
Envisioning sustainable & just futures
This project is examining the realities and possibilities of urban agriculture for the city of Kuching, Malaysia. Particularly:
- Where is urban agriculture happening?
- Why are people growing their own food?
- Who is benefitting from urban gardening and who is left out?
- What are the challenges and barriers to growing food in Kuching?
- How are policies enabling or restricting urban gardens, and what can be done better?
Study results coming soon!
If you have any questions or want to be involved in this project, please fill out the form below.